It’s time to get on board with owning a travel French press coffee mug! This is an era where commuting coffee lovers want more control over their morning coffee. Wouldn’t you if you had a choice?
The Zyliss travel French press coffee mug is completely different from the many available in the market today. Designed by award-winning designer British Sebastian Conran and made by Zyliss, a 50-year-old Swiss kitchen gadget and tool company, this travel mug looks like a regular mug and is made to last.
What we like about the Zyliss travel French press coffee mug:
- Made of BPA-free material
- Has a handle like a typical mug
- Double wall insulation to keep freshly brewed coffee warm and mug cool to touch
- Fast and easy – brewing takes only 3 minutes
- Completely portable with a tight lid that prevents spills
- Fits snugly on the Honda Odyssey driver seat and front passenger cup holders
- Affordable at $9.99
- 2-in-1 (function as a French press and a coffee mug)
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Can be used to brew tea
The Zyliss travel French press coffee mug is only 12 oz., which is quite small for coffee enthusiasts like us. It would be nice if it could contain 16 oz of coffee. This mug has a lid, but it may spill if you tilt it over since there’s a small hole on the top of the lid. These are just minor issues.
How to brew coffee with the Zyliss travel French press coffee mug
- Remove the plunger, add the desired amount of freshly ground coffee into the mug. We suggest 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground coffee.
- Add hot water to the MAX _ fill line shown inside the mug.
- Stir and leave to brew for 3 minutes.
- Slowly insert and press down the plunger.
- Add half and half, milk or sugar to taste.
Bring it with you as you commute to work. Or, just sit back and relax and enjoy your morning cup of joe! The Zyliss travel French press coffee mug is also known as hot cafetiere mug. It is suitable for camping, RVing, boating and traveling around the world. We wish we had one of these when we were traveling on the Trans-Siberian train from Moscow to Beijing.
Where to buy the Zyliss travel French press coffee mug
Have you tried using a travel French press coffee mug? Which was your favorite?
Note: Our Zyliss travel French press coffee mug was provided for this review. Opinions are our own.