Just brew, press, and go! That’s it.
Owning a 2-in-1 coffee press and travel mug will change the way you look at brewing single serve coffee. This simple coffee accessory truly helps you save time and cut waste. Prior to owning one, we had no idea brewing coffee was that easy for commuters, travelers or anyone on the go.
The Presse by bobble is the fourth French press-cum-travel mug we have reviewed. The first was by GSI Outdoors Commuter Java Press, the second was Zyliss French Press Coffee Mug, and the third was the Bodum Insulated Travel French Press Coffee Mug. Having tested four, our conclusion is: if you love having coffee on the go, you must get one of these!
How to use Presse by bobble coffee press and travel mug
- Add about 2 tablespoons of freshly ground (medium ground) coffee to the outer cup (tumbler).
- Pour hot water into the tumbler (to about a 1/2 inch from the brim), stir with a spoon and let the coffee steep for three minutes.
- Push the inner cup gently into the tumbler.
Your coffee is ready to drink. Just add sugar or cream or milk to taste.
The Presse French press travel coffee mug has three parts: (1) the stainless steel outer cup, (2) inner cup with a reverse flow filter and the (3) silicone lid.
What we like about the Presse by bobble
- Easy to use
- Brews coffee in 3 minutes
- 2-in-1 – French press and travel coffee mug that eliminates the need to use a coffee brewer and a separate travel coffee mug
- Insulated and keeps coffee hot for over 2 hours
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Other than brewing and holding coffee, the outer cup can be used for soup, making instant noodles or any hot foods. This is great for world travelers or adventurers who need a multi-purpose tumbler when camping, traveling in on long distance train rides like the Trans-Siberian or trekking in the Andes.
- The outer cup is cool to touch
- Easy to pack in a travel bag (without the coffee) so you can brew fresh coffee wherever you are
- Fits snugly on the Honda Odyssey driver seat and front passenger cup holders
- Great price – less than $30 for a stainless steel and insulated French press and travel coffee mug
- No residue at all because of the micro filter
The first time we used the Presse we had a hard time pushing the inner cup into the tumbler. After three times we got the hang of it. The silicone lid keeps the coffee hot, but it is not spill proof.
The Presse by bobble, a French press coffee travel mug, makes 13-oz of coffee. It is made to last, suitable for RVing, camping, long term traveling, and road tripping.
You can get yours at:
Have you brewed coffee using a French press-cum-travel coffee mug?
Note: Our Presse by bobble was provided for this review. Opinions are our own.