Looking for a quick and easy way to prepare a power breakfast? One that has lots of protein and loaded with caffeine too?
I’ve got one for you.
It’s my peanut butter iced coffee protein shake – a mouthful of words but I promise, it’s simple to make. Forget about paying a ton for a dietary supplement or protein shake. My peanut butter iced coffee protein shake requires zero effort to make and can be ready in minutes. And it’s perfect for vegetarians too.
All you need are just a few basic ingredients that you already have at home. Made with just a few ingredients and boosted with good healthy fat, this is the perfect breakfast, a wake-me-up beverage that can be enjoyed at home or on the road. It is also perfect for refueling after a workout.
Reasons why I like the combination of caffeine and protein
- I need a cup of caffeine to kickstart my day
- I prefer adding lots of protein to my breakfast
- I need a quick and easy way to prepare my breakfast without compromising on nutrients and good taste
Why our body needs protein daily, especially in the mornings
- Protein is a micronutrient that is essential to building muscle mass and strength
- Helps control hunger
- Protein helps boost metabolism and reduce appetite
- Protein helps you lose weight
Let’s get started!
1. Pour your favorite coffee into a French press.
2. Add hot water, not quite boiling, to the French press.
3. Stir gently. Put the lid on and steep for 4 minutes.
4. Press plunger down slowly.
5. Pour coffee in a container and let it cool.
6. Add protein powder into a blender.
7. Add peanut butter in the blender.
8. Add in soy milk.
9. Pour in the prepared coffee.
10. Pinch of salt.
11. Put ice cubes in the blender.
12. Blend well.
13. Fuel yourself!
Get lean, get strong, and get energized with this protein shake.
If you are like me and need a hearty breakfast, give this ultimate summer drink a try! Please don’t forget to comment and share your thoughts.
Article and photos by Latte Art Guy