Hot coffee makes us sweat on hot summer days, yet we still can’t give up a great cup of simmering hot coffee. How about you?
Ever since we tested the Primula Pace Cold Brew Iced Cofee Maker, we have been taking a break from the usual hot cup of joe. There’s so much to love about this cold brew system.
Before we delve into the Primula Iced Coffee Maker let’s find out the difference between iced coffee and cold brew coffee:
Iced coffee is just hot brewed coffee served cold with ice added or hot coffee left in the fridge to cool.
Cold brew coffee requires steeping freshly ground coffee in room temperature water for at least 12 hours. The coffee is never heated. Instead, time is required to brew the coffee. Over time, the coffee is extracted and according to Primula, their cold brew system will brew coffee that is 65% less acidic than hot brewed coffee.
How to make cold brew coffee with Primula Pace Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker:
1. Grind coffee using a manual burr grinder. Our test shows that medium ground coffee works well with this coffee maker.
2. Add freshly ground coffee to the brew filter. We used 5 heaping tablespoons of ground coffee for half (three 8-oz. cups) of the carafe.
3. Pour room temperature filtered water slowly over the ground coffee inside the brew filter.
4. Use a spoon to submerge all the coffee grounds in water.
5. Close the lid.
6. Leave the carafe in the fridge overnight for about 8 hours. Some experts recommend at least 12 hours.
7. Serve cold brewed coffee black or with condensed milk if you like sweetened cold coffee.
The Primula Pace Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker has 6 parts:
- Outer lid
- Inner lid
- Brew filter
- Removable brew filter bottom
- Borosilicate glass carafe
- Removable non-slip base
Note: Before pouring the cold brew coffee make sure the inner lid is screwed tightly to the outer lid. The little triangular markers on the lids have to align to lock the lids together.
What we like about the Primula Pace Cold Brew system:
- Easy to use.
- No mess and easy to clean. To discard used coffee grounds just unscrew the bottom of the brew filter. No trapped grounds inside the brew filter to worry about.
- No additional filters required since it has a brew filter already.
- High-quality, BPA-free and good looking Borosilicate glass carafe that can be used as a water jug when needed.
- Reasonably priced at less than $30.
- Fits inside a medium size fridge.
One thing we struggled with initially was when removing the inner lid from the outer lid. To remove, simply turn the inner lid anti-clockwise.
The carafe holds about 1.6 quarts (about six 8-fl. oz cups) of brewed coffee. Cold brew coffee is best served on a porch with a few cucumber and egg sandwiches just like an English afternoon tea. Or with any of your favorite snacks while just chillin’ with family and friends on a hot Sunday afternoon.
Where to buy your Primula Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker:
Do you have a favorite method to cold brew coffee? Please share your thoughts to help us create better content for you. Thank you.
Note: Our Primula Pace Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker was provided for this review. Opinions are our own.