Demitasse cups are cups used for espresso. It’s a French word for half a cup. Each demitasse cup holds about two to three ounces of coffee. That’s it!
These small coffee cups are around two to two and a half inches in height. Some demitasse cups come with saucers. Traditionally, demitasse cups are made of ceramic or porcelain. Nowadays, you’ll find the glass framed with a metal base and metal handle. Some people collect demitasse while others use it daily to serve espresso. If you’re looking for demitasse cups, we have seven that are functional and good-looking:
1. Double wall set of four demitasse cups by Evaryl
Hot on the inside but cool on the outside, these handleless demitasses are double-walled insulated, handcrafted with premium glass and scratch-resistant and shatterproof.
2. Sweese espresso cups
3. Cuisinox porcelain demitasse cups
4. BIA Cordon Bleu Set of 6 Porcelain 3.5-ounce Espresso Cups
BIA makes beautiful ceramic ware including these striped demitasse with saucers. These set of six cups and saucers will brighten up your kitchen without breaking the bank.
5. Aozita Espresso Cups and Saucers with Espresso Spoons, Stackable Espresso Mugs,12-piece 2.5-Ounce Demitasse Cups (Gift Package)
Want a set of four demitasse cups with saucers and spoons? This set from Aozita will be your best bet. It is stackable and won’t take up too much space in your kitchen.
6. Stainless Steel Espresso Cups Double Wall Vacuum Insulated – Set Of 2 Demitasse Cups By Tombert
These stainless steel cups by Tombert are one of our favorites. Made of non-toxic, BPA-free and 100% 304 food grade stainless steel, they are unbreakable.
Get it if you like stainless steel cups. Two for $11.88.
7. Porlien Porcelain Espresso Cups Set of 4 with Saucers, Blue Floral Gold Trimmed
Porlien porcelain cups with floral print and a uniquely shaped saucer is a beauty to behold. It’s lightweight and not dishwasher safe.
Do you have a favorite demitasse cup? Where did you get yours?