On days when you are extremely busy and can’t be bothered with grinding beans and washing a coffee brewer, what do you do when you need an immediate coffee fix? Some of us may run to the closest coffee shop, but what if there isn’t one in your vicinity?
Your solution may be the single serve pour over DG Organic drip coffee.
DGOCafe, an online coffee store, has pre-packaged ground coffee in a sachet similar to a tea sachet, but with cardboard holders for suspending it over your cup. With the sachet, you can make single cup pour over coffee without a coffee maker.
The first time we tried pour over coffee with the same concept as DGOCafe was in Shanghai. The coffee was from Sumerian Specialty Coffee in Shanghai. We posted the experience on Instagram on October 31, 2014:
This is how it works:
- Open the sealed green package
- Tear the sachet along the dotted line
- Pull the attached cardboard on each side and attach it to your mug
- Pour hot water slowly onto the expanded sachet and soak the coffee with the hot water
- Allow it to drip
- Your coffee is ready
Add water according to your preference, we like about 8-10 oz of water. Use a small 8 oz mug for each sachet if you prefer strong coffee.
What we like about DG Organic drip coffee:
- Coffee maker not required
- Lightweight and easy to bring along for travelers
- Makes much better coffee than expensive instant coffee. It’s a great alternative to instant coffee
- Variety of types – Colombian, Haitian, Ethiopian and Peruvian
- No mess and no cleaning required (except the mug)
- All you need is hot water and a mug
- Good quality
- Sealed tightly to retain freshness
Inside each bag were 7 packs of 0.35 oz (10 grams) ground coffee. We tested the Haitian, Colombian and Ethiopian organic coffee. Our favorite was the Ethiopian organic coffee. It is 100% Arabica with a fruity fragrant and is smooth to taste. The Haitian coffee was a little too earthy. It is the same type of Arabica Blue Mountain coffee like the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. The Colombian coffee is 100% Arabica.
We wish we had discovered DG Organic drip coffee earlier. It would have made our around the world trip more caffeinated!
DG Organic drip coffee is your best alternative on days when you are too tired and are looking for a convenient way to brew coffee. It is most suitable for those who are traveling on business or leisure and hate the taste of hotel coffee.
Where to buy DG Organic drip coffee
- You can get it at DGOCafe.com. DGOCafe offers 20% discount to all CoffeeSphere readers. Just enter promo code, dgocafe at checkout. Good through June 30, 2016.
Note: Our DG Organic drip coffee was provided for this review. Opinions are our own.