Three-quarters of 2017 has passed.
Charles Kettering said: You can’t have a better tomorrow if you’re thinking about yesterday all the time.
What should we do now if we have not yet done what we set out to do for 2017?
Everything is positively possible! So grab your coffee, turn up the music, and take action with these 20 ways to empower you to be your best self in the last quarter of 2017 and beyond.
1. Less is more – get rid of stuff you don’t love.
2. Keep a journal – write every day even if it is just one sentence. Express your thoughts and put your ideas on paper.
3. Get rid of negative people in your life and find new friends. Read Removing Toxic People out of Your Life by Art of Charm.
4. Help those who won’t benefit you. Do good.
5. Work out. A five minute workout is better than nothing. Read Coffee and Workout: 7 Less Than 15 Minute Workouts.
6. Listen to classical music. Try This is: Handel on Spotify. We found Handel’s Messiah performed by Lawrence Symphony Orchestra & Choirs on YouTube:
7. Don’t allow negative media to influence you. Read The Guardian’s News is bad for you – and giving up reading it will make you happier.
8. Try a new food – in a restaurant or at home.
9. Read every day. If you want to know more about coffee, read James Hoffman’s The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing.
10. Get a digital detox once a year. Get an apartment in the woods or NYC. Here’s an Airbnb credit from Claudia for first time Airbnb users.
11. Attend a coffee fest or any live event in your town. Take a look at the Coffee Festivals 2017 list.
12. Try new coffee beans and get perked up like never before.
13. Make sure you have enough sleep. Choose a comfortable chemical-free pillow to have a better sleep. Consult a doctor if you’re not sleeping well and gain your beauty sleep back. Read Cosmopolitan’s 9 Beauty-sleep tips so you wake up looking amazing.
14. Read books that encourage healthy living, make better coffee and are inspirational.
15. Ward off seasonal colds and flu and boost your immunity with Vitamin C, B6, and E.
16. Discover new ways to brew a soothing cup of coffee and sit back and savor it when it’s hot. Enjoy the bold aroma of fresh coffee. Read How to make flat white at home.
17. Reignite your creativity by going to places you’ve never visited before in your town or city.
18. Buy experiences, not things. Take a vacation and live a longer, healthier life.
19. Brighten your wardrobe with coffee t-shirts.
20. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken – Oscar Wilde
We are gearing up for 2018. What are your best ways to get empowered for a new year and new you? Let us know so we can write better content for the community.