Today’s coffee enthusiasts have so many options when it comes to making a good cup of coffee. From the fancy espresso machines to the inexpensive plastic coffee drippers, to the in-betweens – like the iconic Bodum French press coffee makers.
Bodum was created by Peter Bodum in 1944. He launched his company in Copenhagen and since then, Bodum has made a name in homes across 55 countries around the globe. The Bodum French Press comes in different price range, shapes and designs, colors and sizes.
The French press is one of the fastest and easiest ways to make a good cup of coffee. In fact, we rotate between using a French press, pour over and Aeropress on a regular basis.
Here are 2 popular Bodum French Presses:
The functions of both French presses are the same. The only two main differences are the design and the price. The Chambord French press is slightly more expensive. The lid and the material surrounding the body are made of stainless steel. Chambord looks shiny, sleek and classy.
The lid, base and the handle of the Brazil French press are constructed out of plastic. Both are made from heat-resistant borosilicate glass.
Here’s how to make coffee with an 8-cup Bodum French press:
- Grind the coffee beans with a burr grinder – coarse or medium ground.
- Bring the water to a boil. It’s best to have water around 200-205 F.
- Place dry Brazil french press pot on a dry surface and remove plunger unit.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of ground coffee for 1 cup (8 oz) of coffee. Or use the spoon that came with your Bodum French press.
- Pour the hot water and make sure you still have at least 1 inch of space at the top. Stir and place the plunger but don’t press down yet.
- Let it sit for 4-5 minutes. Slowly press the plunger down.
Note: French presses is dishwasher safe but we prefer to hand wash.
Besides the popular Brazil and Chambord models, Bodum also offers the Young Press and Caffettiera.
Where to buy Bodum Brazil and Chambord French press?
What is your favorite method to make your favorite cup of coffee? Let the community know.